Valorant Patch Notes 6.10
If you haven't seen a 6.09 patch, it's perfectly normal. It was an update to the internal game engine. While patch 6.08 refined Gekko's abilities and marked the return of Bind, this new patch 6.10, is an opportunity for the developers to add a spray wheel and rework the collection tab.
Key points to remember about this 6.10 patch
- Added a spray selection wheel and reworked the collection tab
- Visual changes to Brimstone and portrait improvements
A graffiti selection wheel and a rework of the collection
In order to make it more pleasant to use and search for sprays, the developers are offering a brand new feature, namely the spray wheel. In fact, this one was already presented a few weeks ago.
- Added an in-game spray wheel, which can be activated by holding your graffiti hotkey. It is still possible to quickly apply a spray by briefly pressing the same key. The spray applied will be the one saved in the top slot of your wheel.
- Added a new spray equipment system for the spray wheel in the Collection.
- Replaced the spray carousel with a grid in which you can search for sprays, filter them and sort them by Favourites.
- Addition of an audible signal and a visible timer to indicate the time taken to recover the spray wheel.
- Added an "empty graffiti" to allow the player to empty their wheel or hotkey.
- Addition of a text and an image to indicate exclusively pre or post round spray.
- Added settings in Settings -> Controls -> Equipment to help you personalise your spray experience. This includes a sensitivity slider as well as the ability to disable the spray wheel entirely and separate shortcut keys.
- Removed the "wall" texture for displaying spray on the spray screen.
Please note that some of the issues that have arisen from the implementation of this wheel are already known and will be addressed in future patches. The list of issues is available on the Riot Games website.
Changes to Brimstone
The developers are taking advantage of this patch 6.10 to make some changes to various Brimstone abilities. The targeting sights on Sky Smoke and Orbital Strike are now the same size as they were before the 6.08 patch, and the mouse cursor on these two abilities has been removed. Note: The mouse cursor that was visible on Omen's From The Shadows has also been removed.
- Updated Fade's in-game portrait for better readability and consistency.
- Updated Harbor's in-game portrait for better readability and consistency.
- Updating the portraits of some agents to have a better resolution.
- Improved the hitbox of POINT/zero, KAY/O's skill, to make pulling on the knife handle destroy it.
- Added new lines for Reyna, as well as interactions with Gekko, Chamber and KAY/O.
The developers are also taking advantage of this update to fix various known bugs. The full 6.10 patch notes are available at the official website of Riot Games. It will be deployed on the night of Tuesday 23rd to Wednesday 24th May 2023.