Valorant Patch Notes 6.08
The 6.07 patch of Valorant was focused on the Sova's Recon Bolt and the changes made on Bind. With patch 6.08, the map is definitely re-implemented in the different modes of Valorant. In addition, the developers have chosen to revise the visuals and audio of various abilities. They were particularly interested in Killjoy.
Key points to remember about this 6.08 patch
- Return of Bind in all game modes
- Some changes on Killjoy and Gekko
Sound improvement on Wingman
- The audios related to the plant or defusal of the Spike by Wingman have been improved.
- The in-game portrait of Gekko has been updated for a better readability and consistency.
Changes to Killjoy
- Concerning Nanoswarm:
- Nanoswarm's reveal radius has been increased from 350 to 525.
- Nanoswarm audios have been updated. The audio loop now cuts off when the nano is deactivated by Killjoy's death or disabling.
- Improved feedback on the destruction of the nanoswarm from an enemy perspective.
- The nanoswarm is now revealed upon deactivation.
- Other changes :
- Updated visuals for Killjoy's Ultimate Lockdown.
- Removed the yellow indicator that warns when an enemy Killjoy uses Lockdown.
- Updated the deactivation sounds for the Turret and Bot-Arms abilities so that players can better distinguish between them.
Various visual improvements
The developers are taking advantage of this new patch to modify the targeting visuals of several abilities. These include the Sky Smoke and the Orbital Strike of Brimstone and the ability From The Shadows of Omen. The changes should make them easier to use, the idea being to allow players to aim better at the map.
Bind returns to competitive games
The new version of Bind is already playable in some game modes since patch 6.07, however, it was still not available in the competitive and unrated games. The wait is now over. In view of the changes, you'll have to rethink your strategies a bit to attack and defend the A-site!
The changes on A
The changes on B
For a more in-depth analysis of each of the changes, please refer to our article dedicated to the changes on Bind.
This update also fixes some bugs. Moreover, Icebox is out of the map-pool for an indefinite period. We imagine that the developers want to rework it in turn. The full 6.08 patch notes are available at the official website of Riot Games. It will be deployed on the night of Tuesday 25th to Wednesday 26th April 2023.