Valorant Patch Notes 6.03
With patch 6.02, Riot Games made a few changes to Lotus, but most importantly, a real Stinger nerf. The 6.03 update, on the other hand, focuses mainly on Killjoy and Raze. The turret and the lockdown of the first one gets a nerf, while it is the Boom Bot of the second one which found itself in the sights of the studio. Moreover, this patch makes official the maintenance of the Swiftplay mode.
Key points to remember about this patch 6.03
- Killjoy's Nerf
- Decreased duration of the Boom Bot
- Swiftplay mode is maintained
Killjoy gets a nerf
The development team explains the Killjoy nerf: " With Chamber’s recent balance and the increased reliability of Killjoy’s Lockdown ult, she has recently sprung up as the premier Sentinel Agent in the game. When we took on systemic damage and health interactions in Patch 5.12, we decided not to reduce Killjoy’s Turret health given her place in the ecosystem at the time. Given her place today, we are making the changes below."
- Health of the Turret reduced from 125 to 100 life points. As a result, it should be easier to destroy, even with weaker weapons.
- The cost of the Lockdown has been increased. From now on, it will be necessary to accumulate 8 ultimate points, and not 7 as before. This change was the result of much thought. The developers noticed that Killjoy's ultimate is far too frequent in games, given her high reliability.
Decreased Boom Bot duration
Until now, the Boom Bot could easily be used as a reconnaissance tool due to its long life span, as well as inflicting significant damage when it reached its target. Riot Games has chosen to reduce the distance it can travel by shortening its lifespan.
- Duration of the Boom Bot reduced from 10 to 5 seconds.
Swiftplay mode is here to last
Added in Valorant with patch 5.12, Swiftplay mode was only in the beta phase and was initially planned to be discontinued at the end of January. With the apparent success of the mode, it was decided to keep this game mode.
Game system updates
- Adjusted the firing error graph so that the maximum error is expressed in degrees from the intended direction. The graph now shows the degrees of the maximum error of a possible bullet vector; previously it did not take into account the generation of the actual error vector.
- Added an 'Operator Zoom (hold)' setting for players using Toggle mode, where holding the alt fire will switch to the second zoom level.
- Adjusted weapon zoom so that the transition from equipment animation of the zoom/scope behaves as it did before patch 6.0.
In addition to these elements, the patch fixes some bugs. The full 6.03 patch notes are available at the official website of Riot Games. It will be deployed on the night of Tuesday 14th February to Wednesday 15th February 2023.