Valorant Patch Notes 5.06
The patch 5.05, the last one to be released, did not bring any major changes. Indeed, it was released in the middle of Valorant Champions and simply fixed a few bugs. This patch 5.06 is already much more extensive and includes a buff for the Stinger as well as big changes to Pearl.
Below are the most important elements of this patch 5.06.
Key points to remember about this 5.06 patch:
- Stinger Buff
- Changes to Pearl
- New indications on player behaviour
The Stinger gets a buff
Until now, the Stinger has not been the most popular weapon in the game. With this buff, we hope to see it being bought a bit more.
The error of the main shot has been adjusted :
1.6 after 7 rounds >1.3 after 6 rounds
According to the developers, the Stinger was severely lacking in manoeuvrability and lethality, even in close combat. By reducing dispersion, they hope to make it more reliable over an optimal range.
- The error of the first burst of alternative fire has been adjusted :
As the alternative fire was supposed to be more accurate, it was not normal that the first burst was so unpredictable. This has been corrected.
Changes to Pearl
During July, Riot had asked the players for their opinion on Pearl and it seems that they have been listened to. Indeed, these changes aim to reduce the complexity of the map and to facilitate movements in certain areas, whether you are an attacker or a defender. In addition, it will be less easy for players to camp a position.
Here are the locations that have been changed on the map:
- Main B - The low wall on the left side was lowered so that a player could no longer hide completely behind it.
- Shops Middle - The platform was brought forward to preserve the positions held by the attackers and to facilitate assaults in the area.
- Shops to Mid - One of the corners has been removed and replaced with a plant, to make it easier for players to clean up the area.
- Window - This part of the map favoured the attackers. To remove this advantage, one of the walls was moved forward to help the defenders hold the area.
- Art - This area of the map seemed to be difficult for teams to inspect. The space was therefore simplified so that there were fewer corners to look at.
- Lane - The crate has been lowered, as it provided very good cover for the attackers, but made it difficult for the defenders to regain this position. By keeping the crate, the attackers retain a slight advantage, but the defenders will have an easier time recovering this area. A little further on, another pile of crates has been moved. Formerly stuck to the left wall, it is now near the right wall, to reduce the number of angles for the players to deal with. This also closes a complex line of sight to Hall B.
- Main A - The wall recess has been removed so that defenders take fewer risks if they wish to play aggressively.
- Main A to Site A - This passageway was previously difficult to cover with smoke, due to its width. It has therefore been narrowed to make it easier to use smoke in the area. This also provides a slight buff to the defenders.
Indication of player behaviour
A new feature has been implemented by the FPS developers. It will show on your end of game screens which players have behaved in a way that has disrupted the game, according to the system.
For the moment, it only concerns the following modes: Unrated, Competitive, Spike Rush and Replication. Nevertheless, other game modes should be concerned in the near future.
The 5.06 patch will be deployed on the night of Tuesday 20th to Wednesday 21st September 2022.