European Valorant Challengers Registrations
Registrations for the first European Valorant Challengers, the first stage of the Valorant Champions Tour, are open! The race will therefore begin soon for players from the old continent dreaming of becoming the first world champions.
The registrations will begin on 25th January, at 12:00pm.
They will end on 31st January, at 12am.
Players wishing to participate in the Champions Tour must all have achieved the Diamond Rank 1 in ranked, either at the time of registration or during the previous Act. The registration page specifies that this minimum rank may change for the future tournaments.
The teams must keep at least three players from their original team, throughout the Champion Tour. These three players must reside in the region to which their team belongs. In addition, a team can only play a match if at least four of the players reside in the region to which their team belongs.
Schedule and format
Day 1 – Matches in BO1, until only 32 teams remain
- Round 1 – Thursday 4th February 2021 at 6pm
- Round 2 – Thursday 4th February 2021 at 7pm
- Round 3 – Thursday 4th February 2021 at 8pm (only if there are more than 128 teams registered)
- Round 4 – Thursday 4th February 2021 at 9pm (only if there are more than 256 teams registered)
Day 2 – Matches in BO3
- Round 5 – Friday 5th February 2021 at 6pm
- Round 6 – Friday 5th February 2021 at 9pm
Day 3 – Matches in BO3
- Round 7 – Saturday 6th February 2021 at 6pm
- Round 8 – Saturday 6th February 2021 at 9pm
Day 4 – Matches in BO3
- Round 9 – Sunday 7th February at 5pm
- Round 10 – Sunday 7th February at 5pm
Note that the registration page doesn't mention the tournament stages. Moreover, it does indicate that Round 11 and 12 are taking place at the same time, which seems particularly strange... it's probably the semi-finals.
Officially, the Valorant Champions Tour was due to start on 11th February in Europe, if previous announcements are to be believed. It should therefore be the date of the final, not communicated in the schedule.
(We'll contact Riot Games for further details.)
Rules to know
All matches take place on a dedicated tournament client. All Agents and all maps are playable. However, maps are selected following vetoes from each team.
In BO1 matches, teams take turns banning one map until there's only one left. Team A decides which side to start on.
In BO3 matches, the process is done in this order:
- team A bans a map
- team B bans a map
- team B picks the first map played
- team A picks at which side they start the first map
- team A picks the second map played
- team B picks at which side they start the second map
- team A picks at which side they start the third map (if necessary)