Valorant Battle Pass
The official release of Valorant marks the launch of its first season and its first Battle Pass. The Valorant seasons will happen through episodes, each of them divided in acts. The first Battle Pass covers the first act of the first episode.
What is a Battle Pass?
The Battle Pass is a system that allow you to earn rewards by playing the game. In Valorant, this Pass is divided in 50 Tiers and as many rewards to earn.
After each Valorant game, you'll earn experience points according to your performance. These experience points will then be counted in the Battle Pass. The first Tier will require you to get 4000 experience points, each tier requiring more experience points than the previous one.
The Battle Pass rewards are purely cosmetic. You'll get no advatange over your opponents by filling the Battle Pass. You can only earn weapon skins, sprays, buddies, player cards or radianite.
How much does the Valorant Battle Pass cost?
Valorant Battle Pass is divided in two ways. The free ways allows you to earn rewards every 5 tiers. The way you have to pay for requires you to buy the Premium Pass, but earn rewards at each tier.
The Premium Battle Pass costs 1000 Valorant Points, or around €10.
The Battle Pass is only valid for a period of 2 months, from the time it was put on sale. After this period, the rewards will no longer be available. If you start the game 2 days before the end of the battle pass and buy its premium version, chances are you won't get much out of it. On the other hand, you can play without the premium pass and decide to buy it at the end of the season to retroactively unlock all the rewards from the previous tiers.
What are the rewards of the Valorant Battle Pass?
We've listed all of the rewards of the current Battle Pass on a guide in its own right.
How to buy Valorant Battle Pass?
Valorant Battle Pass is rather complicated to buy, the interface of the game being really unclear. Here's how to buy the Premium Pass.
- From the Home page, click on the little Valorant logo, at the right of the Store.
- Before choosing your purchase method and the number of Valorant Points you want to buy, scroll the page down. You'll be able to read the terms and conditions of sales.
- Read them and click on the little diamond to validate them.
- Choose your purchase method, then the number of Valorant Points you want. (You will need at least 1000 for the Premium Pass.)
- Complete your purchase process according to your purchase method.
- From the Home screen, click on the star icon, at the left of the Home Button.
- Click on the button Premium Upgrade at the bottom right of the Battle Pass.
- Validate your purchase.
Here you are! You have the Premium Pass now. You just have to earn Experience to unlock the rewards.