Former starters in the second DLC for Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
During the closing ceremony of the Pokémon World Championships, Tsunekazu IshiharaPresident of The Pokémon Company, has revealed new information about the DLC The Buried Treasure of the Zero Zone of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. Lovers of previous-generation starters will be delighted to learn that the old starter Pokémonincluding Carapuce, Poussifeu and Germignon, will be available for capture in Volume 2, The Indigo Disc.
With the Pokémon Scarlet and Violet titles, Game Freak introduced us to three Pokémon starters and many other interesting new Pokémon, such as the Paradoxes Fort-Ivoire and Roue-de-Fer. As well as all the new creatures that populate the Paldea region, we had the opportunity to meet old Pokémon from various generations, such as Magirêve and Embrylex. Nevertheless, our beloved Pokémon from the start, Salamèche, Gobou and Tortipouss were all absent. We don't use the past tense here by chance...
The latest trailer dedicated to additional content The Buried Treasure of the Zero Zone revealed that all starters from the first to the eighth generation will appear with volume 2 of the DLC, namely The Indigo Disc. You can find them in the various biomes of the Institut Myrtille's Terra-Dôme.
You can add to your Pokédex by capturing the following Pokémon:
- Salamèche, Carapuce and Bulbizarrewhich appeared in Pokémon Red and Blue,
- Héricendre, Kaiminus and Germignonwhich appeared in Pokémon Gold and Silver,
- Poussifeu, Gobou and Arckowhich appeared in Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire,
- Ouisticram, Tiplouf and Tortipousswhich appeared in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl,
- Gruikui, Moustillon and Vipélierrewhich appeared in Pokémon Black and White,
- Feunnec, Grenousse and Marissonwhich appeared in Pokémon X and Y,
- Flamiaou, Otaquin and Brindibouwhich appeared in Pokémon Sun and Moon,
- Flambino, Larméléon and Ouistempowhich appeared in Pokémon Sword and Shield.
The Pokémon Company has indicated that former starters have a teracrystallised form. We can't wait to discover their transformation! In addition, the Japanese firm took advantage of this announcement to unveil a brand new type of teracrystalbringing the current total to nineteen. We don't really have any information about it at the moment, but it is most likely linked to Terapagosthe special Pokémon from the Indigo Disc DLC.