MultiVersus Patch Notes 2.0
The ranked mode was inaugurated with patch 1.06 ; the 2.0 patchThis update marks the beginning of season 2. Once again, the developers are taking advantage of this update to fix bugs on various characters, and apply some nerfs and buffs. In addition, players will benefit from some nice new features, such as the new integrated shop.
We mentioned it earlier, the shop and cosmetics has been redesigned. From now on, you'll find all these elements in a single space for greater ease of use. Human Fall Games has thought of you, the badge enthusiasts. Starting today, you will be able to display up to 3 badges at the same time and show off all your achievements to other players. The Battle Pass will offer you more decorative items and other gifts. With the many player feebacks, the studio decided that there would be no no more unrewarded landings.
The online experience is at the centre of the developers' concerns. In order to ensure a comfortable experience for the players, optimisation of network traffic is underway. The beginnings of this improvement have already been incorporated into the game, and more changes are expected in the future.
Corrections on the maps
- Concerning Scooby's House (Roofless) :
The developers felt that the eliminations were appearing too quickly on the map. As a result, the map has been slightly enlarged. In addition, the size of the blasbox has been increased by 10%.
- Concerning the Space Jam site :
Make a string of baskets! From now on, you will get points if you manage to make a shot. The number of points will depend on the distance to the basket. The scores will be displayed on the giant screen above the court. Also, if you attack a player who is holding a ball, he will automatically drop it.
Another big change to this map is that the walls around the field can no longer be destroyed with attacks. They will break with as players bounce off them.
About the Silly Queue
Since patch 1.05MultiVersus offers you the opportunity to join even more crazy games thanks to the Silly Queue. As announced, there were modes and other additions to the game. Try your hand at the Big Head modeThis is characterised by an increased size of the characters' heads and a strong reduction of cooldowns.
Three new objects:
- Bounce block: You can place a spring mat, which will propel anyone walking on it upwards.
- Proximity mine : You can throw a mine on the ground, which will explode when enemies approach.
- Chicken drumstick : You can throw a cooked chicken leg, which will turn the affected enemies into chickens, for a short time.
Assets and Bugs
- Bug : Fixed an issue where jumps were rejected by the server when attached to a wall.
- Deadly Ice Trump: Now only Heavy projectiles can apply stacks of the Frozen effect.
- Trump Once is enough: Buff duration has been reduced from 2s to 1s. The stacked buff duration has been reduced from 4s to 2s. In addition, this buff is no longer consumed by light projectile attacks.
Character balancing in patch 2.0
As always, the patch changes many characters in MultiVersus. To make it easier to understand the changes, we put a different symbol to symbolize the type of change.
* = a patch
+ = a buff
- = a nerve
- Special feature: With the Betrayal trump card, Arya and her allies will still be enraged, but they will only inflict the Weakened effect x3 per hit, not x5.
* Gliding : Fixed a problem with the Hurtbox on the Z-axis, where some attacks would unintentionally miss Batman when he was hovering.
* Low Ground Attack: Delayed connection with dodging and jumping on a move, to avoid an endless sequence with itself.
* Special Bas En l'air : Removal of the possibility for this movement to combine with itself in order to avoid endless sequences.
- Special feature: The accumulations of the Weakened effect inflicted by the Ricocharang are reduced from 5 to 3.
+ Side Up Attack : The ability to cancel on a wall has been advanced by 5 frames.
* Bug fix : Fixed an issue where the electric tether hitbox would persist after the visuals had faded.
- Ground Side Attack: Much smaller hitboxes for the 3 shots, to better match the visuals.
- Neutral Ground Attack: Removal of the hitbox on Black Adam's arms.
+ Special High Ground/Air : The take-off is triggered 3 frames earlier.
+ Special Ground/Air side : Slight increase in acceleration and shock effect of the projectile.
+ High Attack On the ground : Addition of armour at start-up.
+ Neutral Air Attack : The sequence to a jump appears earlier.
* Armored Buns : The buff is no longer consumed by light projectile attacks.
- Weight : Finn's weight has been reduced from 55 to 49.
- Neutral Attack In the air: Active frames appear 2 frames later.
* Ground Side Attack: Fixed a bug where arm injury zones would remain activated during attacks when they were not intended to.
* Bug fix : Sometimes the arrow was destroyed when it should not have been. Fixed.
+ Neutral Attack Ground/Air : The arrow through the popcorn increases the damage from 8 to 10, the knockback scale increases from 12 to 13, the base knockback increases from 1250 to 1350.
- Attack High Ground: Added ammunition to popcorn. 3 ammo returns, 1 every 10s.
* Special Neutral Ground/Air : The bat-bomb hitbox now takes better account of the z-axis and hits more reliably.
* Ground Side Attack: The jump cancellation and dodge window for move 1 and move 2 now occurs later. Also, the knockback angle of the second hit 2 is now higher, to prevent an infinite combo. Can cancel to other attacks 1 frame earlier on hit.
+ Weight : Harley's weight was increased from 44 to 48.
* Special Neutral : The bounce angle on walls has been adjusted to be higher, when opponents are thrown onto vertical walls.
* Special Low (without balloon) : The defense is now properly blocking, and stealing, basketballs from other LeBrons.
* Neutral Ground Attack: The hitbox for move 3 has been reduced by 15% to more closely match, and better align with, the size of Morty Hammerhead.
* Bug fix : Fixed an issue where the portage would kill Rick while he was in the grace zone.
* Bug fix : Fixed a bug that allowed Rick to use the ground attack while recovering.
* Neutral attack : Fixed inconsistencies in projectile priority for uncharged lasers.
* Air Side Attack: Now you will be able to perform the swing movement on the ground, even when loading the knee. This change should allow the movement to continue and not be interrupted, for a better feeling.
* Bug fix : Fixed the issue where Steven or his allies could be hit twice while under the effect of Steven's neutral dodge shield.
* Special Low to the ground : The hurtbox of the watermelon seeds has been reduced to better match the visuals.
* Bug fix : Implemented fixes for teleporting Stripes with a chainsaw.
- Weight : The weight of Stripe has been reduced from 52 to 46.
Tom & Jerry
* Special Neutral In the Air : The rocket explosion hitbox now takes better account of the z axis. Also, the rocket, if launched without Jerry attached, is now correctly classified as a projectile.
* Bug fix : Fixed several issues where Velma's bubbles were destroyed when they should not be.
* Special Neutral Ground/Air : The Megaphone is now classified as a projectile. Early hits count as light projectiles, while late hits count as normal projectiles. This means that the Megaphone now benefits from the effects of projectile assets. It is also more blocked by other projectiles and certain blocking effects. It will now ignore invulnerable fighters, including those with projectile protection.
- Attack High In The Air: This attack now has 2 frames less at the start of the hit-frame.
- Special Ground Side : A cooldown of 12s has been added.
The patch will be rolled out on Tuesday 15 November.