Top Rathalos - Monster Hunter Rise (Materials, Weaknesses and Strategies)
If the Rathalos was already on fire, the Upper Rathalos is only a furnace and horror in Monster Hunter Rise. He represents one of the biggest challenges in the base game. In this guide, you will be introduced to his attacks, his weaknesses, as well as the novice and expert materials he can bring in to forge weapons and armour.
Species : Flying Wyvern
Element : Fire
Threat: 9 stars
Weaknesses of the Upper Rathalos
How to beat the Upper Rathalos
Materials from the Upper Rathalos
By fighting a monster, you can get different items and materials for making armour or weapons which we have listed in the following table. This is how the table works:
- Target - Represents your chance to get this material by completing a quest that involves this monster.
- Capture - Your chance to get this material at the end of the quest by capturing this monster, even if it was not the target of the quest.
- Damage - Your chance to get this extra material by completing a quest that involves this monster, if you damage it in a specific place.
- Skinning - Your chances of obtaining this material by skinning the carcass or broken/severed element of the target.
- Recovered - Your chance to make this material fall to the ground by injuring the monster, throwing it against a wall, or making it fight another monster.
This monster does not appear in the Novice rank in Monster Hunter Rise
|Top fire pocket||8%||--||35%||12%||--|
|Rathalos scale +||35%||--||32%||36%||50%|
|Rathalos Greenhouse +||--||--||70%||--||20%|
|Large wyvern tear||--||--||--||--||40%|
Coming soon with Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak DLC