Superior Arzuros - Monster Hunter Rise (Materials, Weaknesses and Strategies)
If you have learned to despise the Arzuros in Monster Hunter Rise, l'Upper Arzuros is here to put you in your place. In this guide, you will be introduced to his attacks, his weaknesses, and the novice and expert materials he can bring back to forge weapons and armour.
Species : Beasts with fangs
Element : None
Threat: 8 stars
Weaknesses of the Upper Arzuros
How to beat the Superior Arzuros
As much as the Arzuros is one of the simpler monsters in Monster Hunter Rise, the Superior Arzuros (also known as the Apex Arzuros) is one of the most dangerous. Even with the best baits in the game, it is capable of killing you in one or two attacks.
The superior Arzuros attacks in the same way as the classic Arzuros, but with much less downtime. It is especially its claw that becomes formidable. When you see it stand up and chain attacks, run away! After 2 or 3 strikes, he is able to deliver even stronger blows, capable of lifting earth and dust. This attack has a much greater range than normal clawing, so don't underestimate it.
The safest strategy is to get behind his back to hit him. If you take any damage, reset your HP to 100%, otherwise you may be in for a nasty surprise.
The materials of the Upper Arzuros
By fighting a monster, you can get different items and materials for making armour or weapons which we have listed in the following table. This is how the table works:
- Target - Represents your chance to get this material by completing a quest that involves this monster.
- Capture - Your chance to get this material at the end of the quest by capturing this monster, even if it was not the target of the quest.
- Damage - Your chance to get this extra material by completing a quest that involves this monster, if you damage it in a specific place
- Skinning - Your chances of obtaining this material by skinning the carcass or broken/severed element of the target.
- Recovered - Your chance to make this material fall to the ground by injuring the monster, throwing it against a wall, or making it fight another monster.
This monster does not appear in the Novice rank in Monster Hunter Rise
|Arzuros + skin||27%||--||20%||47%||40%|
Coming soon with Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak DLC