Aknosom - Monster Hunter Rise (Materials, Weaknesses and Strategies)
TheAknosom is a Big Monster first introduced in Monster Hunter Rise. This dancing, fire-breathing bird is not a great threat, but it will surprise beginners who underestimate it. In this guide, you will be introduced to its attacks and weaknesses, as well as the novice and expert materials it can bring back to forge weapons and armour.
Species : Raptor wyvern
Element : Fire
Threat: 2 stars
The weaknesses of Aknosom
How to beat the Aknosom
The Aknosom is a large bird, similar to a crane. It uses its wings and ruff to sweep away its opponents. The ruff is occasionally used as a shield or a mace, and it is not uncommon for it to use it to run at you.
To fight the Aknosom, you have to watch its legs and wings. This monster tends to strike specific poses before attacking, and it is at this time that it is most vulnerable.
When it stands on one leg, it is likely to strike straight ahead, either with a beak or with a claw in front of it. These attacks are easily dodged by rolling to the side. If the Aknosom rises up on its two legs, watch out for its headbutts! And if you see it hiding its face under one of its wings as if it were a cape, it is going to make much larger attacks, like spinning on itself or sweeping a large area in front of it.
The last thing to watch out for is its beak. When the Aknosom drools flames, it is capable of spitting fire. Its fireballs are slow, short-ranged and bell-shaped, so you should be able to dodge them easily. The real danger comes from its beak attacks which do more damage and can burn you. If this happens, move away and do a few rolls to put out the flames.
The materials of Aknosom
By fighting a monster, you can get different items and materials for making armour or weapons which we have listed in the following table. This is how the table works:
- Target - Represents your chance to get this material by completing a quest that involves this monster.
- Capture - Your chance to get this material at the end of the quest by capturing this monster, even if it was not the target of the quest.
- Damage - Your chance to get this extra material by completing a quest that involves this monster, if you damage it in a specific place
- Skinning - Your chances of obtaining this material by skinning the carcass or broken/severed element of the target.
- Recovered - Your chance to make this material fall to the ground by injuring the monster, throwing it against a wall, or making it fight another monster.
|Monster bone (M)||12%||-||-||-||-|
|Tear of wyvern||-||-||-||-||50%|
|Gemma w. raptor||-||5%||-||-||1%|
|Tear of wyvern||-||-||-||-||30%|
|G. tear wyv.||-||-||-||-||20%|
|Aknosom fire beak||12%||15%||70%||8%||-|
|Mythical Bird Gem||3%||4%||5%||3%||1%|
|Gemma w. raptor||-||6%||-||5%||-|
|Tear of wyvern||-||-||-||-||20%|
|G. tear wyv.||-||-||-||-||30%|
|Bones of a distressed monster||-||-||20%||20%||-|